October 06, 2012


Today's tv show is one that took over my life when I first watched it at age 10 - Gilmore Girls. I own all seven seasons on dvd and have seen every episode many times over, I based my early online handles (Club Penguin, my email) on it, and I decided in 5th grade that Yale was my dream school because Rory went there. (It remained my dream school until just last year.) The combination of crazy, quirky, lovable characters and witty pop culture banter is some sort of magic spell for me. I have been known to watch it for 6 straight hours. It's a sickness.

A defining characteristic of the show is how often the Gilmore girls talk about food. I could probably base an entire Vegan MoFo theme around this show. One of their most frequently-eaten foods is a burger from Luke's Diner. Tonight my mom made non-vegan burgers for our house guests, so it worked out well - she just made a Boca burger for me instead.

There were tater tots as well (another favorite Gilmore food), but I only got the sad stale remnants because everyone started eating while I was in the shower. To that I say, "Oy with the poodles already!"

2 comments:

  1. LOL! I love GG! I watch it for hours too - so much that even my husband can quote it!
    Oy with the poodles already!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My younger sister watched Gilmore Girls and loved it and I couldn't figure what the fuss was about. And THEN I started watching it. lol Now of course, it's one of my favorites!

    ReplyDelete